New Year, New Focus

It seems to me that new years give us a pause to stop and refocus where and who we are.  Last year was a great year for the Berry family. Overall, we grew as individuals, we forged into new professional and personal realms, and we enjoyed time together as a family at a new level.  That was very easy to swallow and to enjoy during the end of the year festivities.  As a blended family for many years it was not a smooth flow as we learned how to be a family.  Those years are past now and its time to set on to new frontiers as individuals and as a group.
Some of my friends spend the new year creating a list of what and who they would wish to be.  I too am a great believer in having goals, a vision board, and such, but each yer I have decided to work on one area of my life, as a concept in all areas of my life.  This year the word was Freedom.  Freedom from guilt, shame, pressure from others to define who and how I am.  To affirm that I am the one responsible for who I am, what I do, and where I engage, not others.

Whew, kinda responsible on that one....  with the choice comes the crown.

I mean really, who at 46 can point to someone else and say "if they had only .... I would have turned out differently"

The joy of adulthood is that we do get to choose who we are, how we function, and what we do.  It is OUR choice, our price to pay whatever we choose, and I personally have been making different choices in my method of income, style of living, and choice of activities for three years, so I know it can be done....and the results have been so joyful.

What crown will you choose to wear this year?  The crown of a victim? The crown of a martyr?  The crown of a child of God who was chosen to be the one He loved?

You are indeed the one God chose.






No comments: