Reminders

About two years ago I spent a season unable to focus my eyes.  This week I have returned to that experience...we don't know why.  Last time we understood there was an injury, both eyes, and physical evidence of the damage done.  This time, we think its more to do with overuse and exhaustion after a many months project than anything else, but so far nothing has proven that theory.

Do you know how much you depend upon your eyes?

Recipes
Driving
Mail
Computer reading (typing I can do)
Seeing your children's faces

Who knew it could hurt to see, to physically look out of your eyes?

It is indeed a time of pruning, of remembering what matters, of thankfulness for the care of those who care for me.

And while we wait, time to pray and reflect, ask and await answers of what God has in store for this time....for ever part of my existence God has shown me blessing in, even the difficult ones....

How very fun when Les read to me that Rachel Anne spoke in Louisiana...it was the town that my father's brother lived for many a year....a rich Southern town full of beautiful hearts....

and again, my mind's eye sees the beautiful rose gardens of my childhood while visiting Aunt Lois and the shiny ganache of her chocolate cake that always greeted us...

God is good

xoxo
Sweetie




4 comments:

Marianne said...

I am so sorry your eyes are bothering you. I have never had that problem, though my eyes has been hurting a lot lately because of my allergies.
How nice of your husband to read for you. I hope you get better soon, just remember to rest enough.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. It is too easy to take for granted the things/people we are blessed with until it/they are taken away. I hope that your sight is able to be restored soon.

One More Equals Four said...

Oh, I cannot believe you are having to go through it again, I am so sorry!

We have a little tie to one another because my husband was born and raised in Bastrop. We lived there for about 4 years as a married couple before coming back to TN. I wanted to go so badly, but couldn't work it out.

I hope you get some much needed rest and get back to normal soon.

Blessings.

Jennibell said...

I'm so sorry about your eyes. . .praying for you fellow CG. I have never taken my eyes for granted (I grew up watching Mary Ingalls slowly loose her sight on Little House and that always stayed with me) and this post is just another opportunity for me to be thankful. You have a sweet way with words and a full heart to remember to praise Him through it all. Hope this is resolved for you soon.