The drive was important to me, to her as well, it affirmed all that I seek to be for others....fully present in the days we need our friends around us. Her uncle had died tragically and we needed to get her to the family who was gathering in our town, its tough to get from some airports to another on short notice in the South, so we went and picked her up in Birmingham and brought her to Decatur...far away from her northern home. Time to talk, to share, to catch up on the two hour drive each way.
One of the questions I have been asking myself at the end of the day is:
Did I spend this time today honoring my God, my family, my heart, and the things I value most?
ouch. Not so much yesterday. I fussed at my husband late in the day, I was short with myself on something I was doing as an extra for others....and I didn't give me much grace for trying... I wasted time on something else that didn't honor my need to rest a while after a hard week.....I simply kept going when the better choice would have been to simply stop.
I can tell you already...that the question has taken me to a place of deep contemplation the last few weeks. Thoughts and knowledge deep in my heart that will lead to change.
How are you doing on the choices before you? What are you staying busy with these days? Do you find that you're taking enough time for you? Saying "No" to the things that don't honor your values? Stopping long enough to make sure the life you are living is the life you wanted to live?
What are you choosing to be busy with?
hugs,

1 comment:
"Stopping long enough to make sure the life you are living is the life you wanted to live?"
So important!
Post a Comment