Making the Cut

A very popular speaker and leader recently announced he was unfollowing all of his one hundred thousand twitter followers and then only refollowing some of them.  It sparked a good bit of conversation online and off on what the role of leadership to the unknowns should be.  The same week saw the death of one of Social Medias loved leaders by suicide.  Again, the action sparked many conversations online and off.

I have to admit that in both cases, I really had to take time to consider what was real.  For me, making the cut of the first situation was an ego thing....was I close enough in friendship to remain on the friend list?  The second a much more important question....was I okay with who I had been to this friend, was I as worried in my daily life about making sure those I deal with know how important and valued they are to me personally?

More importantly, am I as focused on making the cut with God?

No comments: