For the last few months my body has been sighing. The kind of sigh that says "I can't take much more" and I've been trying to listen. The noticeable differences was I was swelling. Sloshes and sounds when I ate what I had eaten for a long time were happening. My body felt like a bridge that was telling in its sways and swaggers that something has to change or I'm going to collapse. Not comforting when you're the bridge.
I've been working on narrowing down my diet. Not eating wheat, flour, dairy for a week. Just to see. Wondering if that could be part of the culprit or any part of it. My friend Sarah sent me a green pea based protein shake mix that is on her staples list after finding out she couldn't tolerate wheat. I had to laugh. Green peas for breakfast in a shake. The week goal was two shakes a day, then dinner with the family with notice to not do wheat this week. I don't eat sugar to begin with much, but will if the option arises.
Then came Sunday. We had Southern style lunch and I participated with a small plate...small mind you, not normal portions. An hour later I felt horrible. Not just less than good, but yuck. My abdomen felt like it had just become a balloon and I felt sluggish. All week I had felt energy and calmness as I ate more of the raw nutrition in the blueberries, green pea protein, water, and salads.
You know this is a bad sign for a girl who L O V E S her Southern food right? However, those dreams of turning 50 in a few years svelte and sensational aren't just dreams anymore.
And so I'll become Sherlock this week and begin writing down the clues more closely on what I eat and how that works out....
I love a good mystery.

P.S. Don't tell Les, but I even really enjoyed the spinach and assorted vegetables I couldn't identify salad last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment